HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech questions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:29 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech questions

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No offense.....it was a gun shop through and through when I was shopping there (bought a gun, there). Didn't shoot bows, then....but it didn't exactly seem very "bow friendly".....ifyaknowwhatimean. Nothing wrong with that. It was a gun shop.

Yeah what do I know.... I just worked there

Honestly one of my bigger regrets while working at that place was not springing $1000 + airfare from Charleston to Oregon to go to BowTech University. I seriously mean that. I think it would have been a good experience, and if I had sold the bow that I would have assembled and gotten to keep, it would have offset a lot of my expenses (I would have loved to of kept it, but lets call this what it is... its tough to live in Charleston, SC when you are fresh out of college and making $10.... a grand is a lot of money).

As to not seeming bow friendly, I suppose it all depends on what time period you were there. We always had at least 15 bows on the rack when I was there, and a small range in the back, but just for testing and tuning. Also had myself and another full-time tech on hands at any point of the week. Sure we weren't Lancaster, but if you wanted it we could probably have it in less than three working days... if we didn't have it there already. We bent over backwards for our customers, which is why CR&G is still in business while so many other shops came and went in that area.