HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech questions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech questions

Facts:
[ul][*]There are bow manufacturers out there right now actively protecting their overhead costs with their lives, knowing full well that if said information ever leaked to the consumer, their profitability would be compromised.[*]There are bow manufacturers out there right now actively protecting certain geographic boundaries and controlling supply/demand in those boundaries by limiting the number of salespersons therein and/or lagging behind on production to keep the illusion of low supply and high demand.[*]There are bow manufacturers out there right now disclaiming second-hand and internet-sale bows from their warranties to protect their profit margins[*]There are bow manufacturers out there right now actively setting price floors and dictating their pricing - instead of letting it establish itself in a true, capitalist market. [/ul]
This isn't capitalism. It's greed. It's abusive behavior directed toward the consumer. Like I said before - if you like paying extra, kudos to you.I say, let the market set itself. Free market capitalism is the American way. I just wish these manufacturers would actually give it a try.

Nah, that might result in somebody going home with an understuffed wallet.

For what it's worth, I commend you for fighting the good fight on your friends' behalf here. And as far as I'm concerned, they should have your staff shooter paperwork already filled out and in the mail. You've earned it.