HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 PM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech questions

Phil - the "quality" between my Iron Mace and the Allegiance isn't even comparable. I was just trying to be nice and throw you guys a bone. LOL And I'm pretty sure what I paid is just about what the dealer paid... So High Country isn't getting rich off of this guy. I'm just wondering how I managed to get a 6061-T6 riser, binary-cam bow, with Barnsdale custom aftermarket limbs and a custom string - for just over $500. And bowtech is hawking the SAME bow, with cheaper limbs and a cheaper string for $700+? Something stinks.

It's not just me. I'm not the only one who sees this, so you're fighting an uphill battle. Be advised.

Let the record show thatI have unequivocally showedplenty ofproof ofmanipulating the market.It's a widely-known fact thatbow manufacturersprotect geographic dealership areas and set price floors. In addition, they create the illusion of limited "supply" by lagging behind on production.

You say it's "to protect their dealers." I don't agree with that, but... here again... that's my opinion, and you don't agree with it. You're being bribed with free bows, so why would you agree? You, my friend, have what we like to call "a conflict of interest."

Shady as a shade tree.

There's a reason that the onlypublicly-traded bow company also sells the lowest-cost bows (Escalade Sports)- DISCLOSURE.

Am I looking for a feather in my hat? Nope. There is no reward for being a people's champion. All I know is that my inbox is full of reasons why I have no fear about calling people to the carpet. You can sit here and run me to the pits of hell, and it's only gonna make you look that much worse.

Put it this way: How does it make you feel when you see on the news that Exxon-Mobil recorded RECORD PROFITS in 2007?

Whatev bro. I'm done with this conversation. I'm obviously not the only guy who shares these opinions, so it's prettyclear that I'm not totally coming out of left field here.