HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech questions

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Capitalism isn't ripping people off, Jeff. It's free market pricing. Once you start hiding information, tampering with pricing, and playing games with geographic dealerships - you're going away from true "Capitalism" and leaning toward "Collusion."
I don't givea crap who you're talking about, Fran....you're just doing so in a VERY underhanded manner.

Who are YOU to say who's ripping someone off.....or that people are, indeed, getting ripped off? Who's complaining? The only one I see is you.....and you're not even a customer.

Once you start hiding information, tampering with pricing, and playing games with geographic dealerships - you're going away from true "Capitalism" and leaning toward "Collusion."
Objection. Also...slanderous (the implication). They told you why they couldn[t divulge information. You just choose to spin it.

Capitalism is a two-way street, Jeff.
You mean it's OK....as long as you tell me how much profit you're making off of me????

That's downright ridiculous. I mean ridiculous.

If you can't handle the fact that you're not going to get the information you seek......and realize that you don't DESERVE it for any reason other than those self-implied.......

WALK AWAY. It is that simple.
Jeff, you're getting way too wrapped up in the Bowtech part of this discussion. Mobow, and even Fran have used other companies as part of this argument to make the point, and I understand what they are saying.

You were heavily involved in golf in a previous life, so you should be able to relate to this completely. What Fran is referring to is the same thing that Callaway and Titlist do. They set a floor for how low their product can be sold, sell to distributors at a price waaaayyy above cost and could care less if the distibutor makes a dime or not. This is wrong.

Making a profit is a good thing, it is what our country's economy is based on. However, what we are talking about is not about making a profit and keeping economy flowing. It is about raking everyone, including distributors over the coals to make as much money as you can as a company regardless of how the rest of those in the equation are affected. Based on their names, Callaway and Titlist would still make a crapload of money without killing the distributors and selling tothemway over cost.

Same thing with the bow companies we are talking about. Based on their reputations, and loyal followings of consumers, as long as they continue to produce a quality product would continue to see profits without overpricing to distributors and setting a floor on what they can sell for. They don't do that, because they know they can get away with it.

Fran's argument is sound and it is a good discussion whether you like it or not. Granted he positioned the argument in a way to intentionally stir the pot and poke the Bowtech hornet's nest, but it's still a solid argument.