HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - russian boar hunt and Pure European boar hunts
Old 03-12-2008, 12:59 PM
teejarrardjr
Fork Horn

Default RE: affordable european wild boar hunt

Im glad that someone understands this type animals. for guys who just want a hog to eat then you really dont want to eat a 400lber But The European boars taste better than feral hogs .But the trophy hunters do understand why these boars cost more. Our goal is to offer the best of the European boars. I dont want guys to pay for a trophy boar and end up with a regular looking boar. I have guys who try to sale me European boars that are over feed at a early age to get the weight on but we mainly get the boars with the older age on them . europeans trophys have to get age on them to get good tusks. I have a 500plus pounder with 6 inch cutters .He is 6 years old.. Well Im not trying to compare prices with feral type hog hunts .So please dont compare my hunt with a $500 hunt. I live in Georgia I get calls with guys who catch boars like in the picture who would sale me all I want for $300 .They are big but I only want to keep the real thing at our place. .I didnt put my ad on the site for guys to tell me my hunt is to much. I only want to offer a hunt for guys who are interested in this type of hunting. I have seen so many guys tell me that they have went on the regular hog hunt and get told a cheap price and end up spending several hundred dollars more. I promise that we work hard so we will become one of the best hunting ranches in the south. We will be know for having some of the best trophy boars for a guys money .Well with the economy so bad .When a guy books a hunt with us he will get his money worth . I hate to see guys so diapointed with there animals .Most guys tell me they usually dont see really good boars when they hunt so they end up getting excited when a boar finally shows up and feel like they have to shoot it or they want see a bigger boar. So we only have trophy boars on our property .You will be asked to pass on several boars just so you can enjoy the hunt .Because you will see really big boars some with really big cutters. I dont want a guy to hunt with me and leave with a boar with 1 inch cutters on a 200lb boar . I want guys to leave with 2in an up to over 6 inch cutters. All you have to do is just wait untill the big boar shows up. It does cost more but you will have a very awesome trophy. So my point is please dont compare my hunt with the average hog hunt. It is like decideing on hunting for a key deer in Florida vs a Iowa giant deer. There is a difference. Thanks guys who understand. CHECK US OUT www.ragingboarranch.com