HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quality Binoculars
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quality Binoculars

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

steiners I've looked through never really liked, not sure about the other brand, I bought some Pentax dcf sp 10x43 a few years back, everyone ive ever heard who has used them or looked throught hem love em, me included! fo rthe money $500 or so you can't beat them. Even every review online etc...ive seen nothing but 4 stars, ie 4 of 4 etc....

I think you can't touch their quality in anothe rbrand less you look at $1000+ brands.
I agree they aren't to shabby in their class. However I think the Minox HG's are actually better and in the same price range asthe SP's. Wasn'tto long ago you mentioned eye strain with your SP's Now best under a G? I owned two pair of SP's;the 8's were good but the 10's not so much. Personally I'd spend my money elsewhere now..just me though.

I agree with Folically Challenged, you need to try/compare them to find what is the best for your eyes and budget. I also a agree that unless your willing to pay the price don't look! It's how i ended up buying Swarovski EL's[]. I am really glad I bought them, however the visa statement hurt. It hurt even more when the wife found out how much I spent and then she got her shopping trip on the same visa number.