HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it my shooting or something else?....
Old 03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it my shooting or something else?....

Their are some guns that just dont shoot Power belts well, Have you run the powder ladder? With PB I would start at 70 gr and go up to 90 in 10 gr increments if you feel you must use those overly expensive pellets try a 50 gr and a 30gr with the 30 on the bottom. I suspect your gun just dont like PB's it happens; you might try some Sabor Tooth bullets from harvestor, I personally think that type of bullet was out dated when they invented inlines. I have a set of different thickness sabots and a selection of different bullets I try in a new gun some of them always shoot 6 inch groups but almost always there will be a few that will shoot around an inch and when everything is right get a group under and inch. But you just can not force a muzzle loader to shoot some thing it dont like.
You will have to run the powder ladder with every thing. I even had to switch powders with my new Triumph it just dont like Pyrodex which is what I normally shoot have to use 777 in it but with 777 and a 50/40 200gr SW or a 250 gr Gold Dot it will hold an inch when I am shooting good and there very little wind.
Muzzle loaders take a little time and learning but when you get the hang of it its a lot of fun, Lee