HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quality Binoculars
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 AM
racowboy
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quality Binoculars

You'll find that most decent quality bino's are basically clear and your eyes kinda self adjust. The way to seperate them is to look through one, then the other, in lower light conditions.Light gathering capabilities aregenerally obvious. Same with scopes. For clarity, compare by reading writing at a distance and it should be obvious. Then there is waranty and reliability. I started a 10 day moose hunt with a pair of expensive bino's that fogged on the inside the first day....sucked, and the guy I bought them from was too far away to punch. I do like the Leupold and Zeiss. Optimum on your eye light retention should be the power goes into the objective 5 times..... like 8x40, and with better optics, you can fudge on this some. The big thing now is to have bino's that include a rangefinder and I think Leupold is the most reasonable...have friends that use them hard and like them. I spent the big bucks on the Leica Geovids, but was a tax write off for being a Professional Guide and they also offer Guides a discount.