HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Week 1 discussion thread....
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Sliverflicker
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 1 discussion thread....

Good shooting Buckeye.

Hope you get to feeling better mobow, I had that bad strain of Flu a few years ago and was bedridden for 2 weeks, was seeing the big white Buffalo and all that crap.

G relax! Stopbanging your head on that block wall, that 300 is right around the corner.
RuttNutt, give me a Hug you hate it when I do that in front of these guy's don't ya .

I have been aiming at a stinking 5 spot target for weeks now without ever releasing an arrow because my oldblack holeis to shot out to shoot in the house. So Saturday I callVan's Pro Shop and indoor range (hour and a half away) thatwe usualymake a few tripsto in the winter to see when I can get in to shoot and Lyle tells me their giong on vacation till next wednesday so it would be not this, but next friday befor I could get in there to shoot .
So yesterday I found me a box and filled it full of those nylon feed bags, taped it to my target,ratcheted it to an old end table and gave it a few test shots in the yard, it's ugly but works perfect!
I shot a 300 60X in the house last night after the wife went to work, 13 yards is all I can get from the front door, through the kitchen door, through the utilty room door, to the back door, but at least I got to shoot!
When it hit 30 today I carried all my crap out to my outdoor range and started to shoot my score, but the cold wind was killing me with just a sweatshirt on, droped 5X's in 5 rounds,so I moved my stuff to the driveway beside the house out of the wind.
Think I will wait till next friday to shoot another score where I can be indoors. I'll see whats worse, the cold wind, or someone jabbing me in thea$$ with their 34 1/2" 2712's while I'm trying to shoot.
Oh one more thing, if I had been using my old 2013's instead of these 2512's, I figure I would have had 6X's less.

Thats my report!