HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are hunts so damn expensive???
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 AM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Why are hunts so damn expensive???

ORIGINAL: laufer303

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

I would rather stay home, then drive out there and fight the rest of the idiots for elbow room. ...
Being one of those, as you called us "the rest of the idiots",I can guarantee you that I have more fun in the field any day, harvesting animals or not, than you can have staying at home and waiting for the pile of money to get high enough to hire somebody to “guide” you to make a kill. I usually have 4 big game tags, and success rate is 25% or 50%. The rest is enjoying being out there with the “rest of the idiots”. On the other hand, I will never get myself in a situationwhere "guides" drags me arround by my hand, tells me where to sit, where to look, aim and take a shot for 10 grand or more, just to have a rack on my wall, or come back home empty, like so many of the hunters that pay do.

Anyway, please watch your language, as it may offend people who hunt on their own, fair chase on public land.
You know that wasn't my point. Besides I'm sure you know what Idiots I'm talking about. You may not be one of them but you know who I'm talking about.

I'll use whatever language I want. I've already got a daddy so you can stop worrying about me.

If you like hunting where the pressure is high then go for it. I don't. Do not try to belittle me or my hunting style. I will not stand for it. You can think that the guides lead us by the hand and do everything but shoot for me if you want. But I can assure you that it just isn't the case. I don't care what you think of me. When you state it on here then I get defensive.

I also hunt FAIR CHASE ON PUBLIC LAND. The only difference is I live a long way away so I pay an outfitter to get me into the remote areas. Have you ever hunted with a partner. Shared glassing duty to cover more ground. Helped a buddy stalk, dress, and pack his game? Well, thats what a guide is to me. I'll hunt my way, You hunt yours. Best of luck!