HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dall Sheep Hunt 2009
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dall Sheep Hunt 2009

Way to go Shato. I wish you the best.I haven't seen pictures of too manythat aren't nice rams, all of them produce nice to great rams. That said I'd say the Yukon is the #1 place for Dall's. The Yukon's Big Game Management is very good across the board - not just sheep. Less Population, less outfitters and less hunters = more when it comes to game. Dalls are my #1 dream hunt as well, if I were booking todaydestination =Yukon. I'd also pick the Yukon for Moose and Mountain Caribou as well...I think???

As far as gear I'd get that info from the outfitter/guides of interest as they'd be able to give you specifics to the areas you'll be hunting.I have done some looking, most includegear info on their website.Footwear suggestions range from mountaineer to meindl/schnee sheep hunter's type boots.

As far as telling the wife...sorryI have my own to deal with, she has an idea of what such dreams costs but that won't make it easier, I found out!!! She flipped and then gave me thefrozen shoulder when I mere mentioned may have an opportunity to fill in fora Quebec bou hunt in sept. I tried to tell her how good of deal it would be but nothing....notta[&:] Good Luck