HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are hunts so damn expensive???
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
907Alaska
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why are hunts so damn expensive???

Ecomonics is the reason I hunt pigs here in California..Cheap... its public land and you have to chase them a little, but if you want a guided or semi-guided hunt on private land and ranches here, for pigs in most cases it will cost you 325.00 to 500.00 a pig and the success rate is high, and there are a ton of pig ranches here to chose from.I actually spend a little more than that chasing them around the Los Padres Nat. Forest. because it takes more time to scout for them, sometimes 2-3 days sometimes maybe 4 days. A guided hunt here with a fairly good success rate is probably only one day. I actually hunt 50% NFS land and 50% semi-guided hunts. 325.00 to 500.00 for a pig is not to bad, and these are not high fenced hunts either. Some hunts here you can take 2 for 475.00...you just have to travel a little further north from where I am at. In our present state of the economy here, there are alot of these guys here in Cal. that are willing to discount the pig hunts, espicially the semi-guided ones. Like one guy said if people stop paying for those 7500.00 hunts, the price will fall eventually.