HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Chesapeake bay training
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
BKL Gundogs

Default RE: Chesapeake bay training

Dogger, seems like you might have a problem starting to brew. I would recommend you seperate the two and keep them in seperate runs. You do not want to have them bonding to each other. You want them to bond to you not each other. To give you a fore sight on chessies. Thier bond is a life long bond, once bonded they will give thier life to protect the one they have bonded with, and remember them for life. I had a chessie once for 2 years and sold her as a seasoned retriever. The dog was sent out of state and never seen her for 4 years, but when I seen her again. She did not even care what her owner said. They never forget the one they bond to. So with that said, seems like if the older one has bonded to the younger one, you might have some problem with, correcting the younger one if you don't correct the problem now. If you want to train for field trials. look into a retriever club near you. A word of forewarning, hope your dogs likes to do 100+ yards retrieves (not blinds just marks). Unless you are talking about hunt test or HRC.