HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Romney Cycle in WV
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Romney Cycle in WV

I can help you.

I bought acouple ATVs there over the last few years. Yes their prices are cheap. If you are a nonresident, you DO NOT pay taxes.

You will, however, pay taxes when you register that ATV back in you home state. You pay taxes on the price you payed for it at Romney.

Another GOOD thing about Romney is that they don't charge that redicules set up fee that all the other dealers charge. Some charge around $250. They do charge a $25 fee for paper work though.

Romney is a volume dealer. They make their money by selling so many. The manufacturer ( Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki) pays Romney a big check for selling so many of their product. They get a kick back. They only make about $100 per unit on the sale price.

Romney Cycle has an affiliate that sells Honda if you want to go that way. Called "Tri County Honda". Phone 304-257-4420

The higher the price of the quad, the more you can save. They are usually several hundred under MSRP.

Romney also sells motorcycles.

One thing about Romney, call ahead of time to be sure that they have what you want. They sell quick. They may have three quads in the model you want and next week they are all gone.

They told me they sometimes sell 30 units on a Saturday.

It is kinda weird. When I bought a quad there one time I was waiting in line with my money as if I was at a store waiting to buy something. I was waiting behind other guys buying quads. Actually waiting in line to pay. that is so unlike any other dealership I've been to.

You can't go wrong. What others are telling you about good deals is true.