HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elitist attitude
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Big Duane
Banned

Default RE: Elitist attitude

LBR I'll get one more post in then I'll let it die for now

I've purposely left compounds out of my replies, because that's not what the thread was about. That hasn't changed anything concerning whether or not a crossbow is a bow.
Of course it is what its about. its about anyone looking at another and saying my equipment belongs, yours doesn't. As a trad shooter, I look down on compounds, compounders look down on crossbowers, self bowyers look down on me ........its been that way since compounds opened Pandora's Box of technology hasn't it ?

That's my opinion--I don't hate 'em, I don't think less of someone because they like them, I've even shot a few and it was fun for a little while.......but they aren't bows.
You don't think they're bows, yet Mississippi does consider them legal archery weapons. True you have to have a permit, but legal archery weapons they are.

You don't think they're bows, 2,000 years says they are.

You don't think they're bows, but several states allow them in general archery - are they bows in one state, then cross the Mississippi and become something else ? No, still bows, just not legal for everyone to use !

After 15 pages I'm settled a bit more into believing in the "let it all in" season. IF it doesn't negatively affect my seasons or bag limits, allow it, because I cannot truly prove that compounds and the like degrade hunting. I think they do, but proving it I cannot.

I DO know hunting and bowhunting is losing the war and ARA's. I know canned hunting, this horn lust that dominates hunting shows and the hunting industry - its killing what hunting is. I think technology plays a big part in all that too. Spend time on tradgang, and you'll see a different kind of people than you will on hunting.net's bowhunting forums. I believe thats because they KNOW a different kind of hunting based soley on the equipment they use and what comes from that.