HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My thoughts on leasing
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default RE: My thoughts on leasing

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Does that load of wood or spray job have a value? Then you are paying, no different than if you giving them cash. I would be glad to help out any way I can, but the truth is, helping out around the farm does not compare to $10,000 cash. I love the fact that you can only see things one way. Must be nice to walk thru life with blinders on.
$10,0000 CASH. WTF. Who leases land for $10,000?????? My favorite place to hunt in IA is a 30 acre parcel. Theowner contacted me andasked me if I would like to hunt it. I appreciated the offer, brought a couple of loads of wood to his house to show my appreciation, and in like flint. He didn't require payment and I didn't have to cut wood. Friendship.

You are acting like the only way to pay the bills with land is lease it out.BS bigtime with that statement. It is just something that a landowner started doing cause greedy guys walked up in the past and offered to buy their way onto the land or one neighbor talked to another and told him how he just leased his land. Like I said, past generations didn't lease their hunting grounds out to hunters so don't tell me it is the only way a guy can make it today and a necessity for a landowner to do.