HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ground blinds
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:30 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ground blinds

Me and my lady hunt together all the time... I think its a blessing. I miss her company when she's not there. Certainly helps them understand some of the $$$ going into hunting when they are in on it too.

At any rate: If you are just going to be gun hunting, than some of the blinds made by Big Game are a really really great deal. They are hub style, which means they are rigid, and won't get blown away in a fairly light wind. Set up is pretty simple. The deluxe version is $150, they have a slightly smaller model for $100.

The girlfriend and I bow bow and gun hunt. I bought us an API Terra XL, which at the time (and may still be) was the largest collapsable ground blind on the market. Both of us can comfortably bow hunt out of it. I'm 6'0" 185#, and she is 5'4" 115# and we both tend to carry too much crap with us. Blind is 6'6" high in the center... plenty to like about it. Cost is $300, which is still $100 less than a Double Bull at most places. Just depends on how extreme you want to get. I've started doing more and more deer hunting out of ground blinds than even tree stands, I really like them.