HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ?'s about Pinnacle
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 PM
MichiganWhitetails74
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?'s about Pinnacle

No problem Steve,

Have fun...I just posted this info if you're interested in my setup---I spent alot of time and money to come up with these opinions..but they work great for me... Have fun

----------------------------------------

I wanted to drop a quick note for you obsessive video guys that have the same bug in your system that I do....I have been making rock solid professional video for hunting with the following set-up..You can sway a bit frommy opinions...but I will specify the important points...and what I have learned:

Camera:
I use a panasonic AG-DVC30 - 3CCD cams are a must if you want perfection in low light. A+ Quality

Wireless Mics - You need a cam that holds wireless mics if you want to hang like the big boys...
I use Azden Mics from B&H ----http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Editting Software - Some of you may laugh..but my "Pinnacle Studio 11 " makes some awesome video.
I also use it in my side business for wedding video ...Cherished Memories Videography, LLC

Tree-pods - If I do not have a camera man "almost never for me" I use the gorilla camera arm for hunting.
http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIA_en___US231&q=gorilla+camera+ arm&um=1

This info just may be worth its weight in gold if you're looking to get started...helpful hint..if you're really going to get serious don't go cheap on a cam...search ebay..and get a cam...plan on spending 600+ for supreme footage...remember...we usually kill in lower light conditions....you're not filming your baby girl in the living room at home with a 200 dollar cam from wal-mart...although this style will get you on board..after a year in the woods you will be looking for an upgrade...

Lumanocks - I almost forgot...Lighted nocks will add something special to your vids...I will not pass another arrow through on cam without them...its not worth it for me...If you're looking to create a video to satify yourself and family and friends..make it on TV...whatever....light that arrow up and show your viewers an up close and personal picture....of your arrow....passing through the lungs!

Have fun! Email with questions