HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default Bragging board.... Your "biggest" accomplishment ?

I would like to see and hear what you consider your biggest accomplishment in the deer woods.... Fill us in with photos and details of the event, the more detail the better.... Long time until next season and this is just the kind of "fix" I need..... [8D]

Back in the2000 seasonI made the decision I was not going to shoot another young buck, I was going to strictly hunt for a mature buck.... I stuck to my plan and passed opportunities at many yearling and 2.5 year old bucksthe first two years with a couple glimpses of mature bucks (no where near my stand though) and came up empty handed at seasons end....

I never lost confidence or swayed in my decision going into the third year of this commitment and was rewarded for those three years of "hard work" and persistence on a cool crisp day in mid Octoberat 9:30 in the morningwith my first ever shot opportunity at a mature buck... I made the best of it, and it only fueled the addiction even more. He isn't my biggest, but hedefinitely holds a special place in my memory.

We look a lot of pics with a disposable but they did not turn out, they were double exposed These are just a couple that I have of him from that day.

[/align]

I know no one like the tailgate pics but it really is all I have..... The other buck my stepdad shot the same day over in PA.

Your turn!