HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Poachers
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ohio Poachers

only 1 deer per hunter per season? not 1 buck and 1 doe? or only 1 buck and a few does? only 1 deer a season seems quite rough, sorry for you ohio'ians, though I don't take more than 1 or 2 a year myself, its nice to be able to take a doe and then wait for that nice buck.

As far as these poachers, if they were trespassing etc....clearly wrong, I sometiems wondered if we should just let hunters do as they please on their own land.....ie kill off the herd and then they would suffer....though I think this is why we have regs cause the avg Joe would just shoot until no more deer were left, then be angry and wondering where all the deer went?

Banning these guys for life from hunting seems like that would clearly give them the incentive to just continue doing what they have been. This is why we need stronger laws, with more discretion by judges in my opinion, give these guys a wake up call, ban them for 5 or 10years and maybe some prison time/nice fines.....then if caught again down the road, throw the book at them, give em some serious jail time, seize some stuff, fines, more serious prison time etc....