HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need Legal advise
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 08:11 AM
coalfield outfitter
Spike

Default I need Legal advise

Hello! I am an outfitter from Ky. All of the property I hunt is leased. We do own a 44 acre tract of ground but we don't run hunts own. It is used for family only. I have a problem with a new neighbor. We have owned this piece of property for 14 years. The property is all conected but has a wetland running thruogh the middle of the property. We have had acess to an old county rd.(now shut down) The new neighbor bought in three years ago and changed the locks and said if we wanted to cut our hay off the back field drive our equipment down the middle of the rail road tracks. Well this guy has county ties in the courts if you know what I mean. We had a lawyer which ended up being friends with this guy and got us nowhere. This year we built a rd. through the wetlands which was a chunck of change. We do have our own equipment so that saved some money. My cousin was hunting this Fall. As he crossed the tracks to go to my other neighbors property the Bad neighbor shouted at him and fired 2 rounds over his head. The Sheriff's Dept showed up and the guy admitted to shooting over my cousin's head and the deputy and the bad neighbor new each other so nothing was done. Now just last week I was unable to get out of the house because we had a new baby. My sister called and said there was a fire at the back of the farm. I serve as Captain of the fire dept. So I called my dad to call the gas company and called the Cheif to check it out. My dad followed the gas company through the gate since our Rd is not completed. The bad neighbor saw my dad and told him to leave or he would be arrested. So the Cheif gets there and goes back and talks to the guy. He explained that he would be responsible if the fire got out. Well the next day I went out there and the guy burn all mine and my other neighbor's wetlands without permission. I aclled everyone and it got back to him. The bad neighbor called and said he would sue us for harrassment if we didn't drop it.
I have volunteered my last 15 years through this county through alot with the Fire Dept. The least the county could do is ask the guy to stay on his side of the fence. I have served as Cheif, Assistant Chief, and am currently the Captain and Traing officer. Any suggestions Let me knowThanks,
Loman
[email protected]