HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Optics For Upland shotguns?????
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Optics For Upland shotguns?????

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Seriously, you'll never talk me into a scope for either of these purposes. Barring some eye problem, but lets remember you point a shotgun, and you aim a rifle......we dont need crosshairs at 30yds on a turkey.

Your mad man! Sure you don't need them... but you don't point a shotgun when you shoot a turkey either.... you do in fact aim it. Most of the better turkey guns of today shoot patterns at 30 yards the size of a basketball. I'll put it this way, I've shot turkeys with beads, red dots, scopes, fiber optics and one with a holo-sight, and I am still using a 2-7x32 left on 2x for longbeards.

2foot, I've used holosights, which are a lot like those speed dots. I've messed around with them but never have shot anything other than two longbeards in Mississippi. I have heard of it being done, and remember some gun writer gabbing about it on TV when they first came out some 8 or 9 years ago now. I'd think that tip off/removable scope rings on your slug scope and nothing at all would be about as good. I would at least give it a try on some clays or if you have a white goose season (and were so inclined to try a 20 bore) to see just how much that rail gets in the way. Otherwise you might have a good excuse to buy another gun. thats probably why Benelli doesn't make a cantelievered barrel for it.