HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Situation Ethics????........2 Part Question .....**UPDATED WITH twils real life situation
Old 02-22-2008, 03:24 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok Ethics Police ........2 Part Question .................................................

You needed a 4th choice..... 4.) I would shoot, 2, leave the deer.

though I guess if you'd shoot him on the neighbors property you'd mostly likely go get him.

I think there are some gaps in these questions......1, if you shooot a deer on your property and it goes on the neighbors property, if he has told you he'd prosecute if he catches you on his, I think you' have to contact the landowner and ask him to go get your deer, either he'll let you just get it, or want to come with you and make sure your story holds up. I think very few landowners wouldn't let you retrive a buck ontheir propety, they just dont want you shooting bucks on their side of the fence.

As far as the first part goes, this would be a moral dilemna, also if the neighbors in his stand right there, you woulnd't haha, I almost wish fenclines were like the neutral zone in football, like say 3 yards on either side of the fence is kinda "our" property. I think that would be a good law, or even 1yard on either side. or 5yds?

I think I'd try to get that buck on my property, maybe cut a hole in the fence right there, haha, no I wouldn't but maybe fell a tree over the fence right there, haha, i kid, I think its tough luck. try to lure him on your side, a decoy in the rut I think would get that bruiser to jump the fence.