HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All this hype about camo.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
cbcs1987

Default All this hype about camo.

Is it just me, or is the market for camoflauge just ridiculous? All these big name outfitters are constantly on TV killing 185 + B&C deer and they always squeeze in the brief advertisement about their camo. Is it just that the rich people who can afford this stuff keep buying it like its going out of style? I went to bass pro the other day and looked around. Jackets on average were around $80. Now, heres my point.
We see them advertise on tv and kill big deer while wearing it. Does that make some of us believe that if we buy the hi-tech stuff we will be as sucessful as the "pros"???
Growing up in not the most wealthy family, my daddy gave me grandads ol army bdu's etc to wear when we went hunting. We still wear the cheap ol' fashioned stuff to this day. Sometimes I evenwear jean overalls with a flannel shirt under and am regularly sucessful. Papaw wears a SOLID ORANGE, bright as the sun coverall set. He killed two 190 +lb. deer this season. With that, I say that people are seriously getting torn a new one buying into the high dollar clothes of today. Just trying to get a discussion going and outside views.