HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fat Shafts
Thread: Fat Shafts
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Sliverflicker
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fat Shafts

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My thinking is.......there's a LOT of shoots that rely on the $$ from the mfr's to stay afloat.

I don't think they;ll cut the hand off that feeding them with a chainsaw. Maybe a butter knife (over time)....but I'm betting making them illegal THIS year is not gonna happen.

My guess is I'll lose or break the 12 I just got today before they become illegal
It's not something they just come up with Jeff, the 25's been around since the 80's and have been an issue since their introduction. With the 26's and 27's the last few years and someone showing up at a shoot this year with a carbon arrow shaft that measured a full 5/8 of an inch which means if you shoot an inside 10 ring you got a X, they had to make a size limit. It's a good ruling, makes the playing field even.

And thats a good point you brought up, I had also heard through the grapevine that Easton would pull their sponsorship if this happened, but that would be like cutting their own throats, well have to wait and see what happens.

I just fletched me up some 2512 Cobalts, Have not even shot them yet! I knew it was comming sooner or later, I just thought it was later.