HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - COUGARS ARE HERE
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Here we go again. I know from reading that 'panthers' were in NC PA back in the 1800's. Our cabin had an old map of the area showing where these were shot and by who. So why not believe they are coming back? Sproulman - our cabin is up on Hyner Run. As you know that is big country there. Plenty of room for an animal as elusive as a cougar to roam and remain unseen. My only question is now that there are more roads, al be it they are dirt roads, why hasn't someone cut a track duing the winter snow? You would think that one of these critters would cross a road sometime in search of food.
yes, hyner is remote too, johnson run,my family OWNED it at one time,i still have deed to it from 1900.

I AGREE with you on tracks in snow and lack of sighting during winter..
how many of us know what track looks like?
personelly, i think we are looking at cougars that are not too many.

according to DNR guy who shot cougar in those states, he said they are ROAMING over 300 miles,from state to state.

so, we may only be looking a cat or 2 in pa.that may ROAM in and out of state..

most feel our cougars are coming from NEW YORK STATE.

cougar is real elusive..

did you know that cougar group has a CONFIRMED TRACK from CLINTON COUNTY.
they do have picture of it on the internet..

so, if cougars roam a lot and dont stay in area,its hard to get track or follow there movements..

if WCO from clearfield in 1990 or sowould have met with me, we would have had a CONFIRMED TRACK to put on here.

he stated to me,SPROUL GROUND IS TO HARD AND I DONT BELIEVE THEY EXIST.

so, there you go.

i KNOW what i saw,tail too..

when you see cougar in woodsit will in NO WAY look like a bobcat.

if i was cougar, i would head SOUTH where its warmer and lots of food in winter,i would not stay up here and live off MICE .meeeow
...........and the band plays on.............................