HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please check this out
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Charlie P
Boone & Crockett

Default Please check this out

From another site

[blockquote]
A very long long story made short I was invited to an anti hutning anti trapping meeting today, been there all day, my tongue is sore from biting it..
learned several VERY important things from these folks; 1. even they dont believe the stuff they say, theyuse it to get attention, they called it "soap scream", said soap operas on TV use random loud noises and choppy fast arguing to get people's attention again, said they use a 'fight' to set the stage for commercials..thye want people awake to hear the sales pitch...the antis use the same technique. I was amazed, I actually thought they believed the stupid stuff they were saying...the ones running the show do not, they are getting attention...then delivering the message...hunting and trapping is bad.
I also was taught how to shoot videos and download them on the internet...PRETENDING TO BE A HUNTER!!!...the real hardcore do this, the majority said they jsut could NOT make a hunting video and hurt one animal, the hardcore guy showed his numbers, he has thousands of views and comments on his 'hunting videos' world wide.
he says killing one squirrel, beaver, bunny saves thousands maybe millins and will help end hunting.
they explained how to pose as a young adult, use high school and college aged men in the video, no one will get angry at a young girl hunting...I found that interesting!
make the video believable but not too good, not too bad either...
the hunting should look irresponsible, should show no use for the animals taken, should break game laws int he state where it claims it takes place whenever possible..ie shooting protected game, furbearers that can't be hunted only trapped, etc. hunting obviously the wrong time of the year.
using improper equipment and saying "I bought this online an got it today"
above all you ahve 5 friends online as helpers...if no one starts bashing the video three friends get on and post comments how GREAT it is...then one comes on and plays the "wild maniac anti", another comes on to defend the hunter..
this will create attention and get things going...the more comments and more recent, the more often the internet robots will show your video in search results.
other topics were finding traps and treestands and how to work upwind with predator scents, human urine, and coyote and dog urine...made me think of the times I had deer patterned and then poof.... opening day and nothing shows the rest of the season...I blamed my own mistakes, maybe it was maybe it wasn't.
another tips was spreading studs from snowmobile tracks in hunting parking lots and pull off used for hunting, back roads etc, this gives scouting hunters falts and they blame snowmobilers...this gets two "bad people" fighting each other.
They also spoke on how it was too hard to infiltrate some groups like trappers and hound hunters, but was easy to fake being a bowhunter; you oly need camp and a bow, you can be a 'starter' with no equipment or very little, or buy junk garage sale stuff and still pass it off...they pointed out that bowhunters regularly accept other buwhunters who "hunt for years without taking game", but in hounding or trapping no dogs and no traps means you are a fake.
use expressions of "getting started"..."dad never hunted"..." hoping to break the jinx this year"...
avoid internet sites where you can instantly join, concentrate on sites where the members have to be "approved". once in they think everyone is OK and has been proven to be a hunter/ trapper/ etc.
They made a point of saying for video posting on YOUTUBE.com that hunters are on to them and flag their videos, but it takes several FLAGS to be removed...if flagged simply repost the video, it takes 3 to 4 flags to have a fake hutning video removed.
terrible hunting videos also make real hutners think it is OK to post their own videos, they claimed that after new videos were up for 5 months their donations see an immediate rise.
I saw several faked bowhunting videos they showed as antihunting member creations, and I registered at youtube.com and flagged them.
I encourage all of you to flag obviuosly gross or bad taste hunting videos too, in the least contact the 'hunter' and say their video hurts hunting. If the response is violent or childish you can bet you flushed out an anti hunter!
Sorry to make this post so long, and to be one of my first few posts, but today was a real eye opener for me...on the plus side I discovered two good deer hunting spots for bow season! they pointed them out as places to watch for hunters this fall and said they were going to give free posted signs to the people living at these spots, telling them they have witnessed tresspassers carrying rifles looking for deer...
I plan on driving by both spots first thing after church tomorrow and introducing myself, handing out my business card with home and cell numbers on it and asking to hunt next year...too early? better that than the day after the psoters go up...
nnot sure how to mention the antis coming around with posters..will think on that tonight.
good hunting! Bob

[/blockquote]