HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lyman customer service
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
wabi
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lyman customer service

My only experiences with Lyman customer service was in regards to their MustangBreakaway inline.
Problem #1 - sights would not adjust low enough for an 80 gr T-7 charge behind a 300 gr XTP. There response, "It's regulated for a 150 gr charge and a 250 gr bullet - shoot a heavier charge or a lighter bullet." [:@](I was not happy with the solution)
Problem #2 - the ramrod broke. Their response, "We will send you a new one." (They did - 3 months later!) [:@]

To be fair, the inline had just hit the market and I'm sure they didn't have a stock of spare parts on hand yet, but I was not happy with not being able to use the f/o sights for my favorite load. It looks to me like thay could offer a couple different front sight heights. The scope mounts on that rifle were very limiting in the eye relief department (2 piece bases) and none of my favorite scopes would work on it either. A good rifle, but very limited in sight options.
I would have to say T/C has them easily beaton customer service in my experiences with both companies.