HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - motion or variance?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 AM
BKL Gundogs

Default RE: motion or variance?

Yes, motion is the key. But you don't have to have just mojo or the lucky duck. Try the old jerk cord, or the mallard machine, and a couple of motion wing decoys. That will give you plenty of motion with that set up. Now are you hunting on the bank or boat. I have a killer set up that never lets me down. Yes it does consist of all the above but in rations and certain numbers during the season. Now later in the season, motion is still the key, but you need alot more, or none at all. Think of it this way, if you were the ducks and everytime you see 1 or 2 maybe 3 mojos out there. And everytime you went in to see you got shot at would you still go there. That is late season hunting. We all know that almost every duck hunter has 1 or maybe 2 mojos, but have you ever seen a spread with 8 to 12 mojos, 3 mallard machine, a jerk cord and1 to2 dozen decoys. Now that is what I call going big. But if that still doesn't work then, pick up about 4 to 6 decoys and move about 50 yards down or up river and just throw those decoys out and use the whistle instead of a duck call. Remember that if they are shy of your spread, and calls. Now you might think I am nuts about that but wait, think about it. When the ducks are receiving a lot of pressure ever see them go just outside of range and then start to swim in or draw other ducks towards them instead, and they don't quack at them they kinda whistle instead. Oh does that make your mind boggle with joy and excitement about wanting to try it now. You must adapt and find better ways of hunting them or be like the pretending duck hunters hang up the hat and go home.