HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Average Size Buck
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 11:06 PM
coyote#68
Typical Buck

Default RE: Average Size Buck

I live here in south central KY and it is not uncommon for me to se several pope and young bucks each year,though I might not have a shot oppritunity during bow season,I always cash in on early muzzle loader or gun season,KY is a good place to kill a P&Y or a B&C,I watched a P&Y for three weeks this year and took my friends son to kill it during youth weekend,I was happy for him the main frame 8 point had 13 scorable points,10.5 G-2,23" mains a 4.5"drop on the right and a 3.25"drop on the left,in all 141" and some change,man you are talking about one excited 11 year old boy.I had been passing on this deer,with hopes my 10 year old daughter could kill it,come hunting week end she decided to go to a ball game instaed of go hunting(thats girls for you) so I took my friends son.There should be some good deer in that area I commonly see 120's and every now and then some bigger,just depends on hunting pressure on nearby farms,size of lease,number of hunters that killed deer on that land in the last few years,there are so many factors,frequent human intrusion into bedding or hiding areas,to many things will determine the size,we have good soil,good genetics and one buck a year limit.It should be good.