HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pulled good joke on myself the other day
Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 PM
little-d

Default pulled good joke on myself the other day

the other day when i shot the kentucky 50 cal i thought i had it loaded with 75 gr load then went down to a 60 gr load of t7, i really didn't. i had to go to walmart today for my wife and made my way back to the sporting goods just to look around, didn't see nothing i needed on the shelf and a manager walked by and asked if he could help me find something. i asked if they had any blackpowder supplies left, he said he would go back and check he came back and said they had a few boxes of stuff and some powder. he let me go back with him and dig through the stuff. nothing had prices on it but he said all of it was marked way down, he scaned the t7 and it was $7.00 the rs was $5.00 a brass powder measure with grs in numbers for a $1.00 a pyrodex powder spout $1.00 and a flint rivernipple wrench for a $1.00 a 100pack of t.c. .015 cotton 50 cal patches for a $1.00 a 16 oz. bottle of rusty duck black powder cleaning solvent for $2.00 and a 4 oz. tube of cva patch grease for .75 just wish i could have got all the powder but i reckon 5 jugs will last a week or two. but for the joke on myself , when i got home i checked the powder measure that i have that has no numbers against the new one with numbers, instead of having loaded the kentucky 50cal with a 60 and 75 gr load i had it loaded with 90 and 100 grs of t7, thats why it kicked so hard. first time ever i got a good deal from walmart. he also had a z5 for $250. and a blackdiamond for $160. both came with the shooting kits. i think that was a good deal but i didn't need either.