HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to set your bow's tiller
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 04:09 PM
gzg38b
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Roscoe - Tiller

I just have one question about hybrid cams.

Over on AT there's a guru called Javi who everybody worships as the hybrid cam tuning god.

He says that tiller is the best indicator of proper cam synchronizationformost hybrid cams systems. He says that on a hybrid cam bow, if the tiller is even when the limb bolts are bottomed out, and the bow is otherwise to spec, then the cam sync and draw stop timing will be correct as well.

If that's true, then won't tiller tuning as you describe screw up my cam sync and draw stop timing? Or are the tiller adjustments you describe so small that they don't affect the rotation of thecams enough to cause a problem.

I'm afraid that if I mess with the tiller, I will cause my top cam to be either over or under rotated at full draw.

On my Pearson Stealth, when the tiller is dead even, the timing marks on the cams line up perfectly, and the flat spot on the top cam is perfectly vertical just asthe bottom draw stop hits the cable - just like it should be. The bow is very quiet and shock free, but when I draw I do notice the top limb wanting to rock back toward me. But I'm afraid that if I mess with the tiller to correct this, my cam timing and cam syncwill get all screwed up.