HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Difference between Tikka T3 and Whitetail Hunter?
Old 03-20-2003, 06:55 PM
308TIKKA

Default RE: Difference between Tikka T3 and Whitetail Hunter?

---Whitetail hunter fan here.
I knew the T3 was coming and i got a whitetail hunter while i could. Ever hear of the saying " if it aint broke, dont fix it"
I think this was Beretta' s way of putting their fingerprint of the TIkka. Notice it was redesigned by their " famous" italian designer guy. I think the T3 and its one size fits all bolt is a way of rying to draw interest/attention to the tikka line by introducing a new model that has no real feautres over the old. The T3 comes in a " lite" version as well. They could have made the whitetail hunter " lite" and been done with it.
There was an article in american hunter a month or two back. The ysaid all the cartirdges they tried shot MOA or better except the 270WSM, which wouldnt shopot under 4" @ 100 yards with various scopes. I think it was 4" , but youll have to read the article. I wish TIkka still offered the whitetail hunter line as well as the T3. Well they do in some versions and calibers but not like they used to. I juts got the 2003 beretta catalog. I wish they were owned by someone else.[X(]