HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - calling without using calls
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 AM
vmartin
Fork Horn

Default calling without using calls

I was just wondering if there was anyone else that has did this, leaving your calls at the truck and just using your mouth with no diaphragms. The first time it happened I was out hunting with a friend, his first time, I forgot the calls and my bow release in the truck cause we were in such a hurry. We start to pop over a ridge when 1 jake out of 4 down in the river bottom spots me and rings out the alarm. I immediately return his alarm and start popping and purring back to him, they not only calmed down but they flew across the river, gobbled-strutted and raced up the hill talking back and forth with me for 5-10 minutes till they were all at 10 yards for the kill. My friends jaw was on the floor asthe jakesfought to see who had the right to be first, my friend is hooked for life now and we go out often.Since then I have used just my mouth for a couple of other occasions when I didn’t have my calls in my hand, it has worked pretty much every time. the calls i immitated were the pop and purr, and yelping.