HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first bow kill 1986 (PIC)
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 PM
MichiganWhitetails74
Nontypical Buck

Default My first bow kill 1986 (PIC)

In 1986 I was introduced to bowhunting at the ripe age of 11 years old. My uncles brought me up north with them every weekend. We hunted in the thumb of Michigan in Caseville & Ubly. On October 1st 1986 - I sat on my knees in somehigh grassoverlooking a lane between a cornfield and a woodline...A small doe walked out of the corn and I can still remember seeing the steam coming out of her nose. When she walked passed me I drew my 40 pound Martin back to full draw and blew my arrow 3 feet over her back at 6 yards!! On that morning my life had changed....I developed a passion for hunting that has carried me along for the last 22 years... Hunting has changed my life...It has given me much reward and happiness....I can't imagine life without the anticipation of the hunt...year after year...

On Nov. 8th I took this little button in the same spot. Only this time the 1916 easton gamegetter made it through the lungs with the satilite 3 blade out of the old Martin Tiger....40 small pounds at 26 inches. A perfect pass through.....

Here I am....All painted up....and in my glory!!!!