HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Polaris Four Wheeler
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Ben / PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Polaris Four Wheeler

Original: Jaydog1

I can tell you that Polaris is the only mfg that seems to conistantly break or have issues that we ride and use at our camp. Our terrain is tough and we work themvery hard.....we have had problems consistantly with Polaris.
I have to agree with Jaydog. I ride with alot of guys on alot of different machines and if somebody doesn't make it through something or up something its been the polaris guys. I have no experience with the 300 class polaris wheelers but the larger machines that I have, it seems like they are a little more hype than anything. I have had Suzuki's for most of my life and currently have a 500 Vinson that is bullet proof and consistently outdoes most of my buddies bigger machines with the exception of the Kawasaki Brute Force. (Which is pretty much a death trap with that much power and that little wt.) haha.

For 3000 dollars, if it is the Magnum you may have a deal. I would be leary if it is the Trail Boss. Get us some more details. Either way ride it test it and if you have the chance ride some other models. There are some really good wheelers out there in the 3000 range. Honda makes some great stuff that should be in that range and only be a few years old.