HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Information on the H&R Huntsman
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Information on the H&R Huntsman

ORIGINAL: hatcher88

[align=left]I was about to dig deep into the wallet and buy either the T/C Encore ProHunter or the Triumph when a buddy informed me of the H&R Huntsman. He told me it's the best muzzleloader he has owned and assured me I would not be disappointed. Any comments on this would be a great help to me....Thanks

[/align][/align]
I don't think most people would think that an H&R Huntsman is better than an Encore or a Triumph. I don't have either of these rifles, but there is a TON of Encores out there, and they are considered one of the best MLers available. The Triumph is a new rifle, but basically it is an improved Omega, and there is a TON of omega's out there, I have one. For ease of use and cleaning I would say buy a Triumph. If you want to shoot CF, then buy an Encore and get an extra barrel. The H&R looks like a great gun, and that would be an excellet first choice as a starter gun. Myself I bought my first ML 8 years ago and bought a Knight Disc, used it 5 years, shot a lot of deer, then bought a TC Omega, used that 3 years and then bought a Savage 10 ML for accuracy and long range hunting. So buy the Huntsman, then upgrade in a few years to an Encore, after you get some ML experience. MLer are fun and very addicting in use, i.e. you will either love it or hate it. If you like bow hunting, think of it as bow hunting out to 100 yards, and you will be about right. If your only going to buy 1 ML gun in your lifetime, then I would make it an Encore Pro hunter. Excellent rilfe and you can do more with it later if you want. Chap