HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Getting my son better at 3-D????
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Getting my son better at 3-D????

There is indeed some frustration from him, like i said he used to be great on target shooting, now he is dealing with this. His efforts in the woods have been outstanding for his young age. I guess if hes killing Deer then i have nothing to worry about, but would like to see him do better on targets, Im guessing when he is in hunt mode he is in another mind state and controls what he is doing more. I got to watch him shoot his buck this season first hand, he did everything spot on, i could not ask for more. He's my best buddy in the woods and im just always trying to make him better
ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

If it is target panic, manipulating releases will only work temporarily, if at all. Blank bale and shooting with my eyes closed didn't help either. For me target panic was brought on when the desired point of impact or the bullseye came into the sight picture. Target panic is tough to deal with and requires drills to get under control. I guess the best way to tell if he has Target Panic is to see if he can keep his sight pin hovering on the bullseye without pulling the trigger (finger should be on the release trigger). Don't try to force him to do it, if he can't, he can't.

What does he say about his shooting? Is he feeling OK with it, or is he frustrated? Target Panic will make him frustrated for sure.