HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ten years...
Thread: Ten years...
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Washington Hunter

Default Ten years...

Its hard to believe it (for me anyway), but this will mark my tenth year in the woods chasing whitetails. I was sifting through some of my older photos on PhotoBucket this evening and came across the pictures of the first deer I ever shot. As I thought about it, I realized thatthis would mark my tenth year in the woods.

I realize that they're firearm pictures, but I thought I'd share them with you folks. I was 10 the year I took not only my first deer, but my first grouse too. I was excited and shook up when I made the shot with my .30-06 and accidentally gut shot her. After tracking her my dad handed me his .44 Mag and I finished her off. The picture of me holding the .44 was taken directly after I shot, the gun is still back from the recoil. I was jazzed. My dad was jazzed. It was an awesome trip.

Enjoy.

Right after the shot.

The first of many.

I even gutted her on my own.

First grouse.

I've come a long way since that first hunting trip, and I owe a lot of what I've learned to the folks here on HNI. You guys are like a second family to me, and I appreciate all the help and support you've given me over the years. Here's to the next ten.