HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

The format is a bit strange to be honest. Last year I watched the scores through the week, and there were days when no one even shot in certain classes, and I'm sure there are days when there are quite a few VERY good shooters that compete at the same timeand knock each other out of qualifying. Then there are guys that shoot the course several times all week long, and finally hit it on a day when they can qualify.......I remember hearing guys on the line last year that said they had shot the thing 3-4 timesthat week and that it was their last chance to qualify (I qualified on the last shooting line for the entire week).

In the end though I love the fact that all the guys in thefinals are paired up and policing themselves. It at least brings some honesty to the finals event, and breaks up the buddy groups to help preventpencil whipping. It's really a very fun shoot and the show in general is an annual social GTG for me and all my old college buddies, it's the only time of the year I get to see a lot of them. I went to school just about 1/2 an hour south of there and worked in harrisburg for about 6 years, so it's a pretty cool trip for me.