HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

ORIGINAL: KIDD642

GMMAt, like RJ said. you shoot down the line and the targets are spread allover at different levels. The angles sometimes are nuts. And when you get to the finals they make it as hard as possible. Also you shoot up and back the line. It is challanging but fun to shoot. Oh and do not forget the 200 people lined up behind you at the fence talking and asking you "hey how far is tha elk?" etc. it is cool but sometimes annoying. because if you start shooting well you kinda get a little peanut gallery following you up and down the line.
Congrats again Frank, that is some fantastic shooting. Last year I qualified for HC with a290.

And your definitely right about finals. Last year there was only 2 targets on the bottom level for HC finals, it was MUCH harder than the qualifying round. They had one turkey that was at max range in finals last year that was such an extreme angle if you went 1" hot on it, you would glance off into the bleachers.....lol. I played "safe" on that one and just stuck it low in the 8 ring on purpose just so I knew I would get foam on it.