HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATTN: Dealers
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 AM
mr4pt
New Sheriff

Default ATTN: Dealers

I am going to post an encounter I had with one of my local bowshops. I hope none of you guys are like this. Warning: Long read ahead

It has been 10 years since I bought my last bow, a Reflex Xtreme. Last fall I started shooting the new bows, everything from the Gaurdian to the X Force. Man it's harder now to buy a new bow than it was 10 years ago, so many choices. After I shot the X Force with th 60# limbs I knew I had my bow. I had shot the 70# limbs the day before and the difference was daylight and dark. The 60# X Force was the best of the best...the 70# was middle of the pack. So with that in mind there was only one place in NW Arkansas that is a PSE Pro Dealer and it is in Fayetteville, AR, 25 miles south of me. When I walked in, there was a game warden talking to the guy behind the counter. I listened in to them talk and waited patiently. Keep in mind I was there for one reason only, to spend about $800 with them, I had the money in my pocket. This is how the conversation went...

Dealer: Hey bud, is there anything I can help you with?

4pt: Do you have an X Force with 60# limbs in stock?

Dealer: I don't have one with 60# limbs, how about a 70# bow.

4pt: Nah, I want a 60# X Force, can you order me one?

Dealer: You don't want that bow, have you shot the Allegience?

4pt: Yeah, I shot it, liked it but I am set on the X Force.

Dealer: If all you are after is speed, why don't you get a crossbow, they are legal here in Arkansas you know. All you speed freaks should just shoot crossbows....hahaha

4pt: Crossbow huh? Ok, I'll consider that...{as I walked out the door} Is there another PSE dealer in the area? {which I knew there wasn't one closer than Joplin, MO}

This is the second bowshop in NW Arkasas that I have witnessed this at first hand, the first was one in Springdale that if you didn't buy a Mathews you were considered second rate. Now this guy wants to sell me everything except what I was wanting.

I don't know how much dealers make on a new bow sale, but I was willing to pay retail price, that day, no questions asked.

Ok, done biatchin.....