HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Look, it's obvious what happened:

1) Hunter shot deer,

2) realized hedidn't have a license (still not so bad at this point)

3) went to buy a license the next day(situation worsening but there's still a chance to come clean)

4) then he tagged the deer and brought it home (deed complete)
What exactly is he suppose to do if he truely did make the mistake and forget torenew his license? I for one would have done exactly what he did if I made that mistake. As already pointed out, he claimed to have shot the deer the day before. If he really was dishonest he would have claimed the sameday. There is no way in haties I would ever go to the man with this mistake. I would roll the dice and beg forgiveness later. Like I said, I hope someone follows up with the story of the outcome of this whole ordeal. I can truely see something like this ocurring. I have a hard time believing someone would try to duck a $15 license, even for a one day hunt.
Curious if this was his first hunt of the year or had been out times before. No excuse as purchasing license is one of the preparations for hunting season.
It's a good question except if you stick to what's writen, it's easy to believe he found out his old one expiredafter he shot the deer. I'm not sure how things are licensed up there but here I have 4 different expiration dates on one of my state's license. That's 4 different types of outdoor sports. To me that's goofy and really sets up the above scenario if your not carefull enough. The whole thing should expire on the sameday.