HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st Pig for my boy!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 AM
txmarshmonkey

Default 1st Pig for my boy!!!

I finally got the pics loaded on the computer here at work. I am a proud papa of my little buddy!

It was a cool dark and rainy morning. We had barelybeen in the ladder stand for 2 minutes when about a dozen hogs showed up about 50 yds away. It was still too dark to make out much other than silouhettes (sp?).They were munching up the corn that I'd put down the evening before and working their way closer. He was lookin thru the scope and he whispered "I can't see the cross hairs." There was only one hog that wasn't solid black. I told him to see if he could find the pig that had a white spot. He said " I see it! I can see the crosshairs!" I told him to pick his spot and squeeze the trigger. He fired and the little piggy dropped right there. He told me he had aimed for the middle of the neck, which was exactly what I'd been telling him to do on pigs. Well, he missed his mark by a few inches. However, end up making a great headshot.
She weighed in at a nice 88 pounds. We've had 3 meals from her so far. Probably the best tasting wild pig I've had.