HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!)
Old 01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Brett/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shes Naked!

ORIGINAL: sbooy42

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

Nice! I actaully shot the Trap Door on a bow for an entire season 3 yrs. ago. While some had had problems with it, I had zero issues and it worked great.
Awesome looking bow.. bet she's a sweet shooter

Not fan of the trap door for hunting...I had a buddy who had a trap door and any little jerk would set the thing off...I could foresee being in the heat of the moment and drawing on nice buck in 3 degree weather and jerking to get over the hump and the rest dropping...So there you are at full draw nice buck in front of you and your rest has dropped... I saw this happen to my buddy plenty of times towards the of the night at league when he would get a little tired...He would have to let down reset the rest and draw again..just not something I would want to happen on stand..
I wasn't implyingthat it's the greatest rest out there, just that when I used it, it worked fine for me. It sounds like your buddy needed to adjust the tension on the spring. I shot mine quite a bit during an indoor league, at some3-D shoots, and during an entire hunting season with no problems. Like anything else, proper set up is a key to howwell the item works.