HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting on Sunday's
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
vabyrd
Banned

Default RE: Hunting on Sunday's

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

What is so funny about this situation...Most of the guys that want to hunt on Sunday don't have the long season and generous bag limits we have here in NC...We can hunt from mid-September until the end of the year and this year we got unlimited doe tags...FREE...

If you want to hunt on Sunday, don't move to NC....I'm staying put....

To those of you complaining....How much of your hunting season do you want to loose...Do you want a 3 week season so you can hunt on Sunday, or four???

I have plenty to do on a Sunday, without having to go hunting...

Last year I killed 9 deer, and spent a solid month just big buck hunting....The freezer is full...We are blessed to live in such a game laden state....

Quit complaining and get ready for turkey season...

I think you bring up a good point about the does. There are slews of people who wont shoot them. Lots of old timers wont and will guys who are ego challenged. Guys will take spikes all day long, and pass on the does that are twice the size. Instead of Sunday, why not hunt does all season? Thats the best way to manage them in my opinion. The rule where I hunt (private land) is if youcanthang it on the wall, let him go.And who ever shoots the first wall hanger, sets thebar for the next one and so on.Only old bucks and does in our circle. 2 monsters and 11 does. Not bad for the 6 of us..