HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spot Hogg Sights
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spot Hogg Sights

ORIGINAL: Drubie22

I just bought the Hogg-It wrapped with the large guard and .019 pins on Dan's recomendation. Like you I was looking at the Real Deal and didn't see the advantages of the Hogg-It, but so many people recomended it over the Real Deal that I just said the heck with it. I figured that even if it wasn't any better that it couldn't be any worse. If you're already willing to spend $170 for a top of the line product what's another $40. Let me tell you this sight is absolutely awesome. If your just deer hunting it might seem overkill to have this kind of adjustability, but it's nice to have. My old tru-glo was so hard to adjust that I just settled for close enough while sighting it in, with the hogg-it you can move your group just fractions of an inch.
Well, I can get the Real Deal wrapped for $136 or the Hunter Hogg-it wrapped for $188... Does everybody agree that the Hunter Hogg-it is worth that much more? I like the micro-adjustable knobs on the Real Deal but I like the 6 inch length of the Hunter Hogg-it. And one last question. The General is on the slow side of todays bows... does this mean I should get the 7 pin sight over the 5 pin?
To me the Hogg It would be worth the extra $ As far as how many pins you need that depends on how far you plan on shooting. I personally don't use Multi Pin sights as much anymore. Too much clutter, the rear adjustable HHA sights have proven to be a very effective sight for me. It's nice to have only one pin to concentrate on and know that it is set dead right

Dan