HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting boots
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:25 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting boots

Which Boot To Wear

Like the fella said above, it all depends on where and what time of the season you'll be hunting. Right now I use the Danner pronghorns for my elk & antelope hunting,both uninsulated as with both types of hunting you'll be covering lots of ground in a warm climate. With early season Moose and whitetail I use Danners with 1000 insulate,great comfort and very quiet with the best support you can get for your bucks. November comes around I wear my Kodiaks good to -140 and still my feet get cold after 8 hours of not moving much. For ealy season Goat and high mountain Mulies I have never found a boot as stable and light weight and that can dry in an hour if wet as my old army jungle boots. With the steel plate that runs through thefoot of the boot you get an extra protection on the shale and small kinds of rocks you'll be climbing and enduring.The plus side of the Jungle boot is the grips and very hard rubber that won't let go on those edges that you'll need the grip to keep you on your feet.
Hope I'ver been of some help.
Rocky