HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fatboys or GT UL 22's **UPDATED**
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Matt/TN
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fatboys or GT UL 22's

I've shot both. I prefer the Fatboys. That's what I'm shooting for 3d now, and that's what I took to shoot with Jeff and Aaron. They are pricey though. Fatboys are the toughest target arrow I've come across, they are right up there with Gold-Tip. I absolutely drilled a tree when I was shooting with Jeff and Aaron, and all it did was knock the UniBushing out of the back, nothing wrong with the arrow at all, but Jeff hit one once and it put a crack way down the shaft. I still think it was something in the target and not Jeff hitting it though. The Fatboy's will be alot easier to get to spine out properly as well.

EDIT: They are a little heavier GPI, but they worked out for my poundage and so forth. My 27 3/4" arrow, with 80gr points, weigh 308gr. Those are Fatboy 500's.

EDIT(2): I like the Gold Tip shafts as well, I meant to add that into the original post. If I were shooting Gold-Tip, I would be shooting The Pro22's, like Matt and buckeye said. I just really like the Fatboys, and my Victory XRinger HV's. I could have been put on the Advisory Staff, back about a month ago, but I just didn't plan on shooting Gold-Tips, even though that would have been a free 2 dozen shafts and components [&:].

If you go GoldTip, definately get Pin Nocks.