HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Hunting vs. Rifle Hunting = Less Perceived Pressure?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow Hunting vs. Rifle Hunting = Less Perceived Pressure?

I doubt that this is anything that could really be proven one way or the other, but I've been reading some of the threads about folks with doe sinks that in turn end up putting lots of pressure on their deer herds by shooting a lot of does and I have been wondering if bow hunting vs. rifle hunting creates more or less pressure on the deer.

I wasthinking of getting a bow to harvest does next year on the thoughts that it would be less pressure on the property and not have as much affect hunting bucks later in the year with my rifle.

Thinking this through, I'm now wondering if that would be the case though. In either case I would probably be the only one hunting my 160 acre property. I would be shooting a maximum of 2 does and 1 buck during a 2+ month season either way. (That is the limit in my county).

Getting up closer may result in getting busted more often than you would with a gun. Our rifle season runs a little over 2 months so there would be plenty of opportunities to harvest enough does with a rifle before or after the peak rut where I would hopefully shoot my buck with a rifle.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks, Nathan